Different countries actually use different analog television encoding standards. In countries like the US, Japan, and Canada, the encoding standards used is NTSC or National Television System Committee. For most of Europe and Asia, PAL or Phase Alternating Line is used.
Do you travel a lot? Are you planning to stay on an extended holiday in another country? Are you relocating? You don’t have to worry because Pal to NTSC converters are available. This type of conversion is also required by people who own camcorders they bought from other countries and would like to use in the US or North America.
Basically, it will be difficult to play a PAL video on an NTSC TV and vice versa unless you have PAL to NTSC Converter. Don’t even try using dodgy downloadable software to the conversion yourself, as this can be quite risky and complicated. To make your life easier, opt for PAL to NTSC converter. You might be surprised that this unit is actually small and compact. It looks like a modem or a box for your cable.
To make the PAL to NTSC converter work, simply attach the appropriate cords from the camcorder to the box. Connect the box to your screen or TV. It will be easy to convert PAL to NTSC as well as NTSC to PAL, depending on the converter you purchase. Modern models of PAL to NTSC converters actually come with remote controls. This makes it easier for you to watch your homemade videos from the camcorder.
PAL to NTSC converters are specialty devices that may not be widely available in regular shops. They are usually only sold by a handful of electronics stores. To make your search easier, simply order PAL to NTSC converters online.
Source URL: http://www.blog.samstores.com/convert-two-different-formats-easily-pal-to-ntsc-converter/
Due to strict DVD distributions across the world, the Motion Picture Association of America enforces region coding. This is one of the ways to fight piracy. This also means that if you bought a DVD in the UK, you won’t be able to play it on your US DVD player, unless you have a code free DVD player.
For people who travel quite a bit or jump from one country to another, the region coding can be very annoying. If you have a DVD bought in the US, you can’t play it in while you are in Asia. Bringing your own US DVD player can be very inconvenient because it means that you need to bring a converter, too. To make things easier, simply purchase a code free DVD player.
The main unique feature of a code free DVD player is the ability to play all kinds of DVDs no matter which country or region they came from. Other special features depend on the model you choose. Some of the unique features you can enjoy on code free DVD players include:
• Playback of all kinds of discs – Aside from a DVD, your unit can also play MP3, CD, VCD, and R/W. You might even find a player that offers support for Blu-Ray.
• Easy usage – DVD players can have more than one remote. The first one is for your basic controls while another may allow you to enjoy special viewing functions.
• Better watching experience – Some players allow you to watch your favorite movie in standard or HD mode.
• Wi-Fi – If you don’t have a Smart TV, you don’t have to worry. Some code free DVD players offer wireless LAN connection.
Aside from just a DVD player, you might also be interested in an entire home theater system that is code free. For those on the go, code free portable DVD players with attached screens are also available.
Source URL: http://www.blog.samstores.com/unique-features-of-code-free-dvd-player/
A 220-volt dryer is a godsend for bad hair days. You can easily go from drab to fab when you have your own 220-volt dryer—no need to pay expensive services at the salon. Before you purchase and use a 220-volt dryer, though, you should keep in mind these important safety tips:
• Don’t leave it on – Whatever you do, don’t leave your 220-volt dryer for too long. It can overheat. Leaving a 220-volt dryer plugged in can also cause fire hazards. After using, be sure to unplug and store appropriately.
• Be careful with water – Do you tend to use your hair dryer right after taking a shower? Be very careful, as you might still be wet. Remember water + electricity can be very dangerous. Make sure your hands are dry, and your hair isn’t dripping wet to avoid short circuits and other related accidents.
• Practice makes perfect – Learn the proper way to use a 220-volt dryer to avoid major problems, such as your hair getting stuck in the fan or worse, getting burnt. Use a lower setting first if you are not yet very dexterous at handling the dryer.
• Use hair protectant – As much as possible, try not to use your hair dryer every single day. It can damage your hair and make it brittle. When you do need to use your 220-volt dryer, be sure to spray a protectant on your hair first to keep it from getting fried.
• Choose the right model – A wide range of 220-volt dryer models are offered. Each model has its own features and blow drying power ranges. You can find regular blow dryers for home use as well as professional dryers usually used in salons. You will even find portable 220-volt dryers that you can take along with you to the office or on trips.
Source URL: http://www.blog.samstores.com/safety-tips-for-using-220-volt-dryer/
To understand what a 220-volt invertor does, you should first understand how AC and DC work. A DC or direct current is a kind of electrical current that can only travel in one direction through a circuit. Meanwhile, AC or ‘alternating currents’ reverse their direction frequently. A single electrical current can complete several cycles per second, which is where its frequency rating is based on.
AC power is commonly used in offices and homes while DC, which is usually produced by sources like generators, batteries, and cells, is used for applications in telecommunications, automotive, and more. Are you going on a trip in a mobile home? Sure, you can charge up your mobile phone using the car’s batteries. But if you are planning to do something that requires more power—perhaps like making toast—you will definitely need a bigger energy source or you simply use a 220-volt invertor.
By trying to plug in or using power sources not appropriate with your device, you can end up with a busted fuse. You can also end up damaging your appliances or devices. This is why a 220-volt invertor is important. A 220-volt invertor can change the direction of DC so it can work with AC in the same way that AC will be forced to run in one direction only to work with DC.
To ensure that your machines don’t fizz out, make sure to read its guide or manual. You should also read the text on the plug or on the body of the unit. Can’t find the directions? You may also contact the supplier where you got your item from. If you need a 220-volt invertor, purchase from reputable sellers only. The best 220 volt invertors have excellent features, including automatic shutdown in case of overload or short circuit.
Source URL: http://www.blog.samstores.com/detailed-explanation-of-220-volt-invertor/